Monday, March 31, 2008

Hike from Teck Whye Park to Tree Top Walk

Teck Whye Park to Rifle Range (Total distance covered 14.4 km)

Training to climb another mountain, I decided to go for an endurance walk this morning. It will be exactly one week since I descended from Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, and my legs are still in recovery phase. Today, my objective was very simple – taking birds.

Previously, I was armed with a macro lens and it was not very useful for taking bird, this time I armed myself with Nikkor 80 – 400 mm lens, and this thing weight a ton after 3 hours of lugging it! But the effort was worth it, as I was able to get close to some of the birds.Delightfully, I managed to captured the Flowerpecker and the Speckled Munia which have eluded me previously because I was not equipped correctly.

As the walk is near to a swampy area, there were alot of dragonflies.

Some of the specimen were seen in my previous blog in Marina East.



Below is a pair of Starling (Black is a matured male and the striped is an immature male)

While walking, I saw a flock of Black naped Oriole (probably immature Oriolus chinensis) flying and landing on a tree nearby. Manage to took this shot before they flew deeper into the trees.



High up on the tree canopy, saw this female Pink-necked Green Pigeon (Treron vernans).
Noticed some movement in the bush nearby, and darting from flower to flower, I saw this beautiful male Orange bellied Flowerpecker (Dicaeum trigonestigma)
Another closed up shot of this bird.


Nearby I saw about 3 of them having a bath on a big frond. This is a immature male Flower Pecker.

Flying about in the tall lallang were these Scaly breasted Munia (Lonchura punctulata)

Reaching back my home, I saw this Olive backed Sunbird (Nectarinia jugularis) having its lunch with the nectar of this flower.


Managed to capture two different Bulbul.

Below is Yellow-vented Bulbul (Pycnonotus goiavier)

Olive-winged Bulbul (Pycnonotus plumosus).

No comments: